Haha, yep apparently I was a week off or I don’t even know what happened, but this is actually todays topic!! Oooops!!!!! Anywho!!! 5 things I WILL do this summer…
1. GET A TAN – I’m greek… and I’m probably the palest woman of Grecian decent you will ever come across. It’s pretty freaking ridiculous. My arms are getting some sun (THANK YOU RUNNING!!!) and I have this horrible half leg tan thing going on (thank you running) but at least it’s a start! I promise you, but the end of this summer I will not look pasty!! lol. I don’t think there is anything wrong with being pale, PLEASE do not get me wrong… I just think my olive skin looks better darker. And no, I’m not doing the whole fake-n-bake thing… it’s terrible for you. ABSOLUTELY terrible. I worked long enough in a dermatology office to see the ill effects those horrible tanning machines do to your body and I refuse to die of Melanoma. I know something is going to kill me eventually, but it WONT be that. So yea… VITAMIN D PLEASE!!! 😉
2. Run a Ragnar Relay – I cannot even tell you how excited I am about this!! My Ragnar is LATE in the summer (like early September), but it’s still SUMMER! I’ve never done anything like this before and it’s going to challenge me emotionally as well as physically. I mean, who knows… I could be on one of the overnight legs… by myself… in the dark. That’s awesome and scary and amazing all at the same time!! Being able to be a part of a 200 mile relay race is something I never believed I would be able to do. But I’m doing it!!!!!
3. Lose 5-10 lbs – Yea I know that seems like it’s not a big deal, but I’ve plateaued. I don’t like that. I tried the “whole30” thing and that was horrible. I was STARVING all the time. And no… it’s not because I wasn’t eating… I was eating constantly. You can say WHATEVER you want, but my body needs carbohydrates. I was a nasty nasty person on that diet, so yea… no. I also didn’t lose a single pound. LOL. Worthless. I am VERY happy for the people it works for, but it did NOT work for me. So, I’m going back to the old fashioned “portion control” and working out. That’s how I lost my 35lbs to begin with. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. 🙂 So, yea, wish me luck!!
4. Qualify for Half Fanatics!!!!!!! – My third half marathon (in 90 days) is on 6/21… which means… *drum roll please* I’ll qualify for the half fanatics!!! HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT for me!!! Going from someone who last year could barely run a mile without huffing and puffing, to be a half fanatic?!!! I’m wicked excited!!! Yea, expect A LOT of pictures from that race, lol.
5. HAVE FUN – sounds easy right? Yea, not so much… Not when you work full time, have a stressful life that throws curve balls at you every time you turn around… but nope!! I’m going to have fun this summer, be it day trips with my beautiful son, weekend getaways, more races (I mean come on… I can’t run enough!), or just trips to the local trails, I’M GOING TO HAVE FUN!!!!
Hope you enjoyed round 2 of my Friday Five!!! Have an amazing summer!!! 😉 Stay happy and healthy ❤