This Friday five is all about today… The Fourth of July, Independence Day…
1. I got married on the Fourth of July to a soldier… My girls wore red, my dress was white, my (now ex) husbands eyes were blue.
2. I am fascinated by fireworks, but terrified of sparklers… The whole blowing off my hand thing… Not really a fan.
3. I still stand at attention every time I hear the national anthem… I’ve been out of the service since 2008.
4. Seeing the streets lined with flags on the Fourth of July makes my heart warm… I love to see a country proud.
5. I’m proud, every day, to be an American. I have rights that many women don’t. I take them for granted (as do we all), but I’m extremely thankful for my freedoms.
I hope you enjoyed my Friday five!! Have a SAFE and happy holiday weekend!! 🇺🇸😊❤️