First off, let me apologize the the late post… I usually bust these Friday Fives out first thing, but… I had an excellent excuse this morning. I was with my tribe. (say what??) My tribe. November Project Baltimore. This Friday, the topic is “5 things I love about ____” So, naturally after my AMAZING work out this morning, it was a no brainer for me to chose NP as my “thing” that I love!!
As per the usual, I’m linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC!, Mar at Mar On The Run!, and Cynthia over at You signed up for what?? Also known as the DC Trifecta!! So, lets get this ball rolling!!!
1. It’s free – No, really. A fitness experience that costs you LITERALLY nothing. If you’re lucky enough to live by the locations, you don’t even pay for gas!! If you’re like me however, and you are driving from Towson to Fells point (on Wednesdays) or Patterson Park (on Fridays), THE PARKING IS FREE!!! So, seriously… IT’S FREE!!!!
2. It’s early – this is a HUGE plus for me. I’m an early bird already… plus my hours at work at 6am-2:30pm… so the earlier the better. But my hours are flexible (luckily) so I can make up time during the week and come in late on days when I kick ass with my tribe!! But… for all you 9-5ers, you get to NP at 6:30, you’re done by 7:10-7:15, that gives you enough time to get home, shower, AND get back to work before work!! (If I can do it, so can you…) Also!! On Wednesdays, NP Baltimore offers a 5:30 workout for the REAL early risers!! w00t!!
3. It’s motivating – I’m the kind of person who gets bored easily… not during a November project work out. This morning for instance… THE HILLS WERE ALIVE IN PATTERSON PARK PEOPLE!!! WHOOO!!! No, really. Hills are… well, not my favorite, so I tend to zone out a bit. Leave it to my tribe to motivate the crap out of me!! Patrick, who I just met today, (one of the co-leaders) was on his bike carrying music up and down the hills (yea… really!!) and as he passed me he yelled “NICE STACEY KEEP IT UP!!” Bam! Instant push to run faster. I also met another tribe member for the first time today named Maurice (super cool dude). He passed me a few times, and each time he cracked a joke!! I went from huffing and puffing, to giggling and running faster!! It was AWESOME!
4. All ages and all body types – This kind of speaks for it self… There is no discrimination at the November Project. It’s a beautiful thing. I’m still extremely new to the tribe and I feel more love and acceptance from this group of people then I have from ANY other group I’ve worked out with. This includes sports teams I’ve played on for years! You don’t see snickering, you don’t hear teasing… it’s a no bullshit environment. Respect for everyone that #justshowedup.
5. ITS FUN!!!! – My sister thinks I’m nuts because I told her (and I quote) “I had SO MUCH FUN working out this morning!” She gave me this “what are you smoking?!” kind of face… and then said “Well, you are in a MUCH better mood today then yesterday!!” I just smiled and said, “Thank the november project!” No joke, I’ve never had such a good time WORKING OUT in my entire 29 years on this planet. EVER. Giggles, jokes, (so many) high fives, hugs, profanity (which means more giggling), and of course the fact that I’m bettering myself by working out… are just AMAZING!!!
Check out the November Project website to see if there is a tribe near you… seriously… #JustShowUp!!! ❤