So first off, IT’S MARATHON WEEKEND!!!! AHHH!!!!! This time tomorrow, I’ll be pacing back and force, probably rubbing my hands together to stay warm as I try not to shit myself with anticipation. I’ve never… let me repeat that… NEVER run a full marathon before. Yea, I’ve done a few halves… but this is the full monty. *deep breath* I’m ready, and I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT TO GET THIS THING DONE!!! I’ve been psyching myself out since the middle of September, it’s about time for the say to FINALLY get here! 🙂
Today’s Friday Five theme is “favorite tunes!” which is perfect because I’ve been working on a playlist for the Marathon. I’ll be with a pace group, so I wont be using my music the entire time, but I’ll definitely have it as a back up. As I do every week, I’m linking up with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia of the DC Trifecta! w00t!! Ok, lets get this ball rolling… 🙂
1. “Booty” (feat. Iggy Azalea) By Jennifer Lopez – I found this song completely by accident. I don’t usually listen to the itunes Pop station when I work out, but my song said he wanted a “Dance Party” and who am I to disappoint… Well, long story short, you can really groove to this!! Every time it comes on my playlist I want to jump up and run/dance/something… Check plus J-Lo!
2. “Flower” by Moby – Thank you to my November Project Tribe for this beaut. I heard this at one of our KILLER Wednesday mornings and it just stuck. It motivates me. While I’m running, it makes me want to stop and to squats (which on saturday… I’ll have to NOT do), another MUST for MY marathon playlist!!
3. “What does the Fox say?” by Ylvis – OK ok , before you judge… for the past YEAR, My son and I have been singing this song (EVERYDAY) on the way home from school. And since (obviously) he can’t physically be with me on Marathon day, I’ll be singing (softly) this song for him while I’m trekking 26.2 miles. (love you kiddo)… and besides… what DOES the fox say?! 😉
4. “Daughters of Darkness” by Halestrom – This song makes me angry, and pumped, and happy, and strong, and CRAZY all at once. Something about Izzy Hale’s voice gets me ready for a great run. She’s a bad ass bitch (pardon my language) who makes me feel like I can take on the world. (Thanks girl!) This song also has meter changes that I caught after hearing it once (band nerd moment)… Ever since then it’s been one of my favorite Halestrom songs EVER. Can’t wait to jam to it through the streets of B’MORE!!!
5. “Battle Scars” by Lupe Fiasco and Guy Sebastian – This song I’ve chosen for a few reasons. First ans foremost go back to the (brief) time I was in the military. Yea, it’s a slower song, however, there’s an underlying cadence. My feet hit the pavement in sync with this song REALLY well. I tend to not slow down (it may be all in my head, and I’m completely ok with that, buuuutttt that numbers don’t lie). Secondly, everyone has scars. I’ll leave it there.
What songs are on your list? Are you running this weekend?? Will I see you at the BRF?? HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!! (wish me luck!!!) ❤