It’s that time of year!! I’m currently in my cubicle listening to Christmas Music… however it’s not that cheesy crappy stuff don’t worry, it’s nice, classy stuff. (I know people just snorted and said Chrismas music is Christmas music!” and that’s ok!!) So.. It’s time for the Friday five!!! Today’s theme is how to stay on track during the holiday season (which lets face it, isn’t always easy)!! As per the usual, I’m linking up with my girls from the DC Trifecta, Courtney, Cynthia and Mar. Here we go!!!
1. Pack your food for the day! This is the time of year where (at least at my job) people are CONSTANTLY bringing in goodies… and of course they aren’t the kind that I should be snacking on. You know exactly what I’m talking about too… cookies, cakes, pumpkin rolls (kill me now), girl scout cookies, pies, you name it – if it has sugar, its coming into my office!! If you pack stuff that you enjoy (for me it’s almonds, raisins, apples, and LOTS of Green Tea) you’re less tempted to reach for that yummy but EMPTY calorie stuff.
2. FUN RUNS!!! God bless the turkey trot, lol. No really. My father and I have signed up for at least 4 “themed” runs from now until the new year. These are going to save us (as both of us like to eat). Solstice 8k, Turkey Trot, Zoo Zoom 8K (I think this is themed?) and a Color run… which is just fun, lol. There’s another one that I can’t think of right now, but that’s not really important. The message here is RUN!!
3. Keep moving. Yes, it’s getting colder, however, for me that makes me want to move my tushy faster. I’m making it a goal to get to one if not both of my November Project workouts every.single.week. No excuses. The food isn’t going to stop… so I’m not going to stop… moving that is.
4. Indulge… A LITTLE! I know I mentioned staying away from sugar, however if you completely deprive yourself, you will end up FREAKING out and EATING ALL THE THINGS!!!! This is the complete opposite of what you want to happen. Ok, grab ONE cookie… just don’t scarf down the ENTIRE plate!! K? 🙂
5. Don’t sleep just because you’re bored… I’ve been known to do this… especially because it’s getting dark at… I don’t know.. NOON now? *eye roll* But really, don’t over sleep. It actually causes you to be MORE tired. Try to get an indoor routine down that keeps you active, yet safe. 🙂 (win win!!)
Have an amazing weekend and stay warm!!! ❤