Its the time again!!! FRIDAY BABY!!! woot!!!! Goodness I love Fridays!!! 🙂 So today, likeI do every Friday, I’m linking up with the DC Trifecta for the Friday Five; Courtney, Cynthia and Mar. today we’re talking about our favorite winter fitness activities!!!
1. Running – could have guessed right? ha! Yes well, I’m a runner, all year round. And since I’ve chosen my second marathon (w00t) with a late March date, I’ll be running ALL winter long!! So, yea. WINTER RUNNING FTW!!
2. Trees!! – say what? Ok… so last friday we’ hadn’t obtained our tree yet. On Saturday we went to a nursery about an hour away from our house and we found it! The perfect little tree!! My boyfriend cut it down, but I dragged that sucked for a little bit. That’s a bit of a work out for tiny little nothing arms like mine! (yea I know… work more then your legs stace) And then when it came to decorating… I’m QUITE short… so reaching all the way to the top.. yea… not an easy task. Anywho, it’s gorgeous and I promise (at some point) I’ll post a picture!
3. Ice skating – I haven’t been ice skating in an outdoor rink in WAY too long, but it is ridiculously fun and a great way to exercise while enjoying yourself. Try it!! 🙂
4. Building Snow people – Again I go back to the fact that I have NO measurable upper body strength… and I know this. So, building BIG ASS BALLS (giggle) of snow is difficult!! It’s very very fun, but you work out your upper body quite a bit building those guys, especially if you make them as big as your son wants you to! (he’s a champ!)
5. Shoveling – ok snow bunnies… If you get more than 20″ of snow a year, you feel me. WORK WORK WORK IT!!! Shoveling is a WHOLE BODY WORK OUT. Oh my goodness do you feel it when you’re done!! I’m one of those weird people that LOVE shoveling. I love to see the work I’ve done, and then jumping in the HUGE pile I’ve made. I also (weird again) love the soreness I feel from shoveling. I know I’ve used muscles in my body that rarely (if ever) get used.
Have a FANTASTIC friday and a wonderful weekend!! ❤