Well hello stranger!! I promise I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth… really. I’ve been inundated with crap these past few weeks!! It’s just… yea. But I’m here!! And I’m excited to share with you guys 5 things that I (hopefully) haven’t shared already about myself!! I’m linking up with the DC Trifecta Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed up for What?! for this awesome edition of FRIDAY FIVE!!! YAY! 🙂
1. I’m a beach body coach! (This is pretty cool because it JUST happened!) I took the leap and became a coach. It’s actually pretty neat! I’m meeting amazing new people, I get to help people achieve fitness goals, and because I started a program when I became a coach, I’m feeling TONS better about myself. (always a plus right?)
2. I LOVE to cook. Yea, I do. And recently I’ve been able to explore my love for it. I’ve been creating (simple… don’t get me wrong, lol) meals that I’m proud of… FROM SCRATCH!! This is awesome! Why?? I wasn’t able to do this in the place I was living before… why? Well, lets just say I was limited. For me to be able to experiment with food, for me to make things that people like, and ask for more, fills my heart with joy. 🙂
3. I really enjoy writing. I’ve been keeping a Journal since the beginning of the year and every time I sit down to write, I find myself losing… myself (wow) in the entries. So much so, that some nights I’m up until 1am just writing! I used to write silly little fiction in high school, but stopped as soon as I graduated. This journal has given me a tiny little interest in picking that up again! Maybe? We’ll see!
4. I’m learning to embrace failure. Yep, I said it. Sometimes I suck… but!!!! (big but) That’s ok!!! Sucking, means room for growth!! I failed at my (first) Marathon in October. How? By not researching the correct shoes… because of this SIMPLE thing that I did horribly wrong, I had to have my TWO big toenails (yes, both of them) surgically removed this past Tuesday. They were that injured/damaged. The Doctor took one look at my poor toes and said “Yep, they’re coming off”. SO THAT HAPPENED!! But, like I said, room for growth (both metaphorically and physically, lol) my toenails can now grow back healthier and NOT injured, and I now know what NOT to do for marathon number 2!! 🙂
5. I TURN 30 IN A LITTLE OVER A MONTH!!!! phew… ok… I’m both excited and petrified to turn Thirty. I’m not really sure why, so please don’t ask me. I’m still asking myself. lol. I do know that I’m excited to be entering a new year of life. Also!! I’m hoping, and praying that my thirties are a bit less harsh then my twenties. I’ve heard good things about the thirties, so here we go!!! 🙂