HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Also, long time no see!! I apologize for being MIA, but life kinda happened! So, today I’m going to briefly talk about my top 5 brands right now. 🙂 Considering I’ll be using all 5 (most likely) on my race tomorrow, this shouldn’t be a difficult entry for me to write at all!! I’m running the Sole of the City 10K tomorrow with roughly 3000 of my closest buddies in (IMO) the greatest city in America, BALTIMORE!!! 🙂 I’m pretty excited. Second time running. 😉 As per the usual for TODAY though (let me not get too ahead of myself), I’m linking up with my three favorite blogger Ladies, Courtney, Cynthia and Mar for the Friday Five.
- Oiselle. This shouldn’t come as a hug surprise, lol. As soon as I joined the flock, I was hooked!!! The clothing is absolutely (without a doubt) the most comfortable and versatile I’ve ever come in counter with when it comes to running. I plan to rock the Verrazano Bra, the Scantron Tank (tagged with novemberproject love – obviously), and because its frowned upon to run around with your tush hanging out, I’m rocking my Roga Short. Cute yea?? I’m stoked!!
- Brooks. After the fiasco with my Marathon “too small shoe” experience, I went to my favorite running store CharmCityRun and got a pair of the most amazing shoes I’ve ever put on my feet!! Brooks Ghost 7. They feel like I’m running on air!! No squishing my toes (BONUS!!) and no pinching the sides of my feet. I’m really excited for the second official race of 2015 in these bad boys!! *side bar* my first race of the season, the Kelly Shamrock 5k, running thiese shoes, got me a shiney new 5k PR! w00t!! 😉
- Feetures Socks. HUGE Fan!! As a woman who is prone to every foot/toe injury up to and including blisters, these are LIVESAVERS!! I’m an advocate for the High Performance, Ultra Light, No show tab. (mouth full much?! WOAH!) *directly from the site* – Our High Perfomance socks hug your feet, prevent blisters and keep feet dry and comfortable all day long. This statement note only is true, it’s the reason I keep coming back. I’m cheap… like.. insanely cheap, BUT, I’ll pay $11.99 for ONE pair (cringe) of socks, because they keep my feet from turning to complete trash after a long run.
- Acure Dry Shampoo. I received a free sample of this amazing stuff as an Ramblen Ambassador. I can’t say enough. It’s perfect for last minute, running out the door, “oh my goodness, my hairs a hot mess!!!” moments, which I’m not proud to say, I’ve been having more then not recently. It smells excellent, and makes me hair feel smooth and clean until I can get home and jump in the shower! When the sample runs out, I WILL be getting more.
- Procompression/BioSkin. I can’t stress enough to compress. My legs wouldn’t be the way they are today without the epic socks from Procompression and the calf sleeves from BioSkin. I LIVE in compression, at least three days a week you’ll see my legs in some type of compression due to tightness or injury, or whatever!! I LOVE it!!!
Oh oh!!! Also, the 15th, in addition to being the two year anniversary of Boston, was my 2 year runiversary. Out of tragedy, I took my first steps to a new life, a new life or running, to freedom. I wouldn’t change anything (about MY part of that). Are you racing this weekend? What are the brands you live by? Let me know!! Have an epic weekend!! ❤