This Friday five should be super easy because the theme is ALL ABOUT ME!!!
1. I have a LOT of nicknames – yea… I do. When you’re name is Anastasia, you tend to get called a lot of different things. My favorite and the one most people know me by is “Stacey”. Where my parents got Stacey from Anastasia… well… it’s easier to “get” when you say “Anastasia” with the greek pronunciation “ah-nah-stah-cee-ah”. Lol. Did you sound it out?? Almost hear Stacey in there?? Anywho, I’ve been called, Stacey, Stashia, Anna, Anne, A, Mooshy, Bae, Koukla (greek word for sweetheart), Mommy (my other favorite <3), Probie, Sheldon (like Jim Parsons character from Big Bang Theory… lol. I have an AMAZING memory and people at work are constantly amazed by what I can remember… “Ok Sheldon, whats this?” etc), frog face twinkie toes (but only by my sister), and lastly (that I can remember) Smiles. This one stuck hard when I was in high school because my maiden name is Miles. S. Miles… Smiles. 🙂 Which leads me to my second about me…
2. I am almost ALWAYS smiling – even if I’m in a terrible mood, you will see a smile on my face. I believe a smile is contagious. I also believe sometimes, all someone needs is to see another person smiling, to lighten their mood. It might not make them smile immediately, but you have to admit… if a random stranger (Assuming they aren’t creepy) smiles at you, you feel good. If only for a moment. I ALSO believe that the reason my son is ALWAYS smiling, is because he sees me smile all the time. Now… please don’t misunderstand… my life isn’t all rainbows and unicorn poop. But I can always muster enough energy to smile. Remember… it takes WAY more muscles to frown then it does to smile. 😉
3. I’m extremely protective – my family, my friends, my stuff… Don’t mess with it. It’s almost to the point of being ridiculous. I don’t like when people touch things on my desk when I’m off work, because it’s my stuff… I don’t like when people touch my food… because it’s my stuff… Now, as far as my friends and family go… I will, without question put my life down for each member of my family and close friends without thought. Like I mentioned before, I’m small. That doesn’t mean I wont fight for the people I love. I wont let people bully, belittle, or lie about MY people. Why?? “because its my stuff…” lol. Seriously though, don’t mess with my family, friends, or stuff and I’ll be your best friend in the world… cross them… I’m your worst nightmare.
4. My son almost killed me – no, I’m not being dramatic… I almost died during the birth of my son. He was born in Germany and there were MAJOR complications. I wanted to hang him naturally, but I’m very small. His head was… well… not. He torn me apart inside. I have (almost 4 years late) a 6 in tear in side my uterus that still has not healed. The doctors in Germany decided I couldn’t go naturally and prepped me for a c/s. I flat lined during the procedure… But… I’m typing this now, so obviously I’m ok. My son is healthy, I’m healthy-ish. So all is well!!! However, I get to hold that over his head every time he’s rude to me, lol. (even though, at three that doesn’t really work…)
5. I have an addictive personality – which is why I never started smoking…. which is why I’ve never tried ANY type of drugs… up to and including Marijuana. I got my first tattoo on 3/2/13. Within 6 wks, I had two more. I only stopped because financially I had to. I still want more… Running is another example… Financial hardship is the only reason I don’t have a race EVERY weekend day. My mother just texted me (surprisingly enough) and said “You DON’T have a race this weekend?! When was the last time that happened?!!!” When I find something I like… I can’t get enough of it. Luckily, Tattoos and running wont hurt me. (YAY!!!)
On that note, I hope you enjoyed my friday five!!! have a GREAT friday and an even GREATER weekend!!!