It’s FRIDAY!!!! A super special Friday at that! 5 years ago today, I was sitting in a tiny little hospital in Weinheim, Germany and my water broke! Tomorrow I’ll have a 5 year old… *sigh* I feel old. what makes me feel young though, is knowing I can keep up with my little boy! 🙂
Today on the “Friday Five” were talking about who motivates us. As per the usual, I’m linking-up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar at Mar on the Run. (The DC Trifecta) So, lets get motivated!!
1. My son. He’s my constant motivator, always pushing me forward. He’ll watch me work out and when I start to slack off he says “You’re getting stronger!” or “You’re almost done!” I don’t know if he realizes what he’s doing, but it’s very effective. I know he’s watching, and at this point in his life, he’s like a sponge. He emulates. So, even when he watches quietly, or when he’s waiting at the finish line of one of my races, I know it’s important to finish strong.
2. My Father. In the past year, my father has become my race partner. He motivates me to be stronger, and to run faster. Running beside my Dad is one of the things I enjoy most about racing. Again, he probably doesn’t know he’s doing anything, just having him run with me is a HUGE motivator! Also, he consistently emails me about upcoming races and events, always keeping me on my toes ready to jump into any distance at any time.
3. Oiselle Volée. Running with this team of REMARKABLE women is amazing. I’m not fast, so when I see my teammates pulling in Sub 18 5ks, I can’t help but feel a need to push myself. Head up, wings out!
4. Emily. My I Run 4 buddy is always in the back of my mind when I’m running. Emily and I are coming up on our one year Match-aversary and since we got matched, shes been with me through every run! When things get difficult I think to myself, “I need to do this, this is for Emily.” I get the privilege of meeting Emily in a few weeks and I cannot wait!!
5. My BRF. I’ve made countless friends through running. I’ve even had the chance to meet some of them at races! Seeing my “best running friends” is another kick in the ass to keep going!
Who motivates you? What/When is your next race?