Good morning! Happy Friday to you! Today started with a bang for me, dropping fresh coffee all over my hand. If you know me, you know how serious I am about coffee… so the burn on my hand wasn’t nearly as upsetting as the wasting of the coffee. *sad face* But!! There will always be another cup! 🙂
The topic of today’s Friday Five is “5 songs that pump up your workout”. (Considering I change my playlist monthly, this should be fun!!) As per the usual, I’m linking up with my girls from the DC TRIFECTA; Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run.
- “Ginza” by J Balvin. There’s something about this song that makes it impossible to sit still. Even right now (yes, I’m currently listening to it) I want to get up and dance.
- “Plakito” by Yandel. This is another one that makes every cell in my body start to shake it. As I was coming up mile 11 at the Chuck12, I put this song on so I could finish strong. (see the phone in my hand, up by my ear? Yea, I’m listening to this song)
- “Another Heart” by Tremonti. This song has a steady cadence that matches my speed. I find myself tapping along with the drums every time I hear it. Which is PERFECT when I’m running and need to push forward. Songs with memorable drum parts are extremely effective when trying to keep momentum.
- “Daughter of Darkness” by Halestorm. Remember that whole drum thing I mentioned? Driving forward, the whole time. Also, there’s an awesome little meter change about 2:15 in. Love love love that!!
- “Whatever Makes You Happy“, Empire soundtrack. First off, Jennifer Hudson? Get it girl. Her voice is infectious. It makes me smile. When I’m running hard and the LAST thing I want to do is smile, this song forces one of out me 🙂 (side note, is it September 23rd yet?!!! – can NOT wait until season 2!)
What do you listen to that pumps you up?
Do you have a power song?