Happy first Friday in September!!! I’m so excited it’s almost Fall!! My favorite season for so many reasons! Today I’ll talk about one of those amazing reasons…. RACES!!! Fall running is my favorite kind of running!! The temperature is perfect, the bugs are leaving (of they aren’t already gone), and the scenery is more beautiful to run in. I’m linking up with my girls from the DCTrifecta as per the usual – Mar, Cynthia and Courtney to talk about the 5 races that stand out for me. for this season! (yes, I’m running A LOT more than 5 races this fall!!)
1. Ragnar DC – I’m so excited to be running this again! Last year was amazing. The race, the experience, the friends made. If you’ve never run a Ragnar, i DEFINITELY suggest it. 12 people, 2 vans, 200 miles, and an UNFORGETTABLE time! (sleep is overrated) 🙂
2. Baltimore Full – this is my second time running the full. For me, this is a come back race. Last year (my first marathon ever) I was dreadfully unprepared. I had the wrong shoes, my hydration was sub par, and I was battling a knee injury. This year I take back Baltimore. Also – it’s the 15th anniversary, so the medal is AMAZING! This will be part 3 or 3 for the King Crab Challenge, so I get two medals at the finish line. 😉 (i love bling!)
3. Patapsco Valley 50k – my VERY first Ultra!! I’m scared out of my mind…. no joke. However, a phrase I’ve been swearing by lately says “on the other side of fear is freedom”, so I’m facing this fear head on. Also, after conquering this 50k, I’ll qualify for Marathon Maniacs – another thing pushing me. 🙂 Check out this elevation chart… I’ll need all the push I can get!
4. 10k Across the Bay – I’ve only heard amazing things about this race, so when my father mentioned wanting to run it I couldn’t have hit “register” fast enough! This race will be the final race he and I run together this season.
5. NCR Trail Marathon – this is my last race of the year, and my 3rd full marathon. I was fortunate enough to be selected as an ambassador for this race (one of 5 total!!) so my entry was free!! Always nice right?? 🙂 The NCR is my stomping ground, where I run ALL of my long training runs. So excited to “race” on the trail!!
What are you running this season? Will I see you at any of these events??